Enjoy The Relaxing Spas in Fredericksburg VA
There are several things to keep in mind when going to Spas in Fredericksburg, VA & Spotsylvania VA.
1. Be as receptive and open to the massage process as possible.
2. Don't eat just before the massage session. Let your body digest your meal first.
3. Be on time. If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take you longer to relax.
4.Take off only as much clothing as you feel comfortable removing. If you do not want to remove your clothing, wear something that will be comfortable during the massage and will allow the therapist to touch and move your body at the areas of interest.
5. Privacy—The therapist will leave the room while you undress. A sheet is provided for draping during the session and the therapist will uncover only the part of your body being massaged, ensuring that modesty is respected at all times. After the massage, you will be provided privacy while dressing.
6. Communicate with your massage therapist before the session, give accurate health information, and let the therapist know what your expectations are for the massage (examples...allergies to oils, lotions, powders). The massage therapist may use oil, lotion, or powder to reduce friction on your skin. If you are allergic to any, they will be able to substitute.
7. Some therapists play recorded music during the session. If you find this distracting, please let them know so you can have the best experience possible.
8. Some people like to talk during a massage, while others remain silent. Please tell your therapist what you would prefer.
9. During the massage session, report any discomfort, whether its from the massage pressure, to any distractions related to room temperature, lighting, or music volume.
10. Give feedback to the therapist during the massage on the amount of pressure, speed of hand movement, etc. If anything happens that you dislike or seems improper, you have the right to ask the massage therapist to stop. If necessary, you also have the right to end the session.
11. Do not be afraid to discuss any apprehensions or concerns. It is important that you be as comfortable as possible during your massage. Your massage therapist is a professional dedicated to doing his or her best to help you feel at ease. Remember to breathe normally. Breathing helps facilitate relaxation. People often stop or limit their breathing when they feel anxious or a sensitive area is massaged.
12. Relax your muscles and your mind. Tightening up by contracting or hardening your muscles during the massage is counterproductive. Let your massage therapist know this is happening. They may need to adjust the massage technique they use and may also be able to help you relax that affected area. If you find your thoughts are racing during the massage, one way to be more body-centered and to quiet your mind is to follow the hands of the massage therapist and focus on how the touch feels.
13. Drink extra water after your massage.
14. Do not get up too quickly and do allow for some open, quiet time after your massage session. If you are dizzy or light-headed after the massage, do not get off the table too fast. It also might take a little time to integrate or absorb the results of the massage session.
15. Be prepared to schedule several massage sessions at your Medical Massage Clinic spas in fredericksburg VA. Massage has its greatest benefits over time. The therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so the more often you get a massage, the better you will feel and the more quickly your body will respond. From one session to the next, relaxation deepens. If you are getting massage to address chronic muscular tension or recovery from a soft tissue injury, more than one session is usually needed.