What to Expect
Many people ask us what to expect and how to prepare for their visit to our Fredericksburg massage clinic. Below you will find a list of guidelines to follow and examples of what you may expect. Remember that this is about your relaxation and stress or pain relief. It will be more successful if you follow these steps. Please contact us at 540.785.7888 today to schedule an appointment with a massage therapist in Fredericksburg.
1. Be as receptive and open to the massage process as possible.
2. Don't eat just before the massage session. Let your body digest your meal first.
3. Be on time. If you arrive in a frenzied, rushed state, it may take you longer to relax.
4. Take off only as much clothing as you feel comfortable removing. If you do not want to remove your clothing, wear something that will be comfortable during the massage and will allow the therapist to touch and move your body at the areas of interest.
5. Privacy—The therapist will leave the room while you undress. A sheet is provided for draping during the session, and the therapist will uncover only the part of your body being massaged, ensuring that modesty is respected at all times. After the massage, you will be provided privacy while dressing.
6. Communicate with your massage therapist before the session, give accurate health information, and let the therapist know what your expectations are for the massage (examples: allergies to oils, lotions, powders). The massage therapist may use oil, lotion, or powder to reduce friction on your skin. If you are allergic to any, your therapist will provide a substitute.